Seeking Urostomy Pouches with Wider Adhesive Coverage

Replies
Views
lori.d1439
Aug 10, 2024 6:42 am

Do any companies make urostomy pouches with wider coverage of sticky (4x4 maybe)? Stoma marked wrong for surgery. It's in a crevice. Plus, I have skin issues. Nothing sticks on me long. I've been dealing with this for 14 years. Tried a lot of wafers, paste, etc.

Axl
Aug 10, 2024 7:29 am

Hello Lori

Without knowing all your circumstances, I would be getting or demanding that your stoma be relocated. You are entitled to better care than that; having it in a crease is unacceptable, even if it was long ago.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Beth22
Aug 10, 2024 12:32 pm

I am sure you have, but have you tried using a bigger wafer size?

And I completely agree with axl. He is right, especially dealing with it this long; definitely would be looking and seeing someone for relocation.

TerryLT
Aug 10, 2024 7:40 pm

I agree with the previous two comments. A more permanent fix is needed. For the time being, have you tried wafer extenders? All the companies make them. Good luck.

Terry

Hisbiscus
Aug 10, 2024 7:56 pm

Convatec Durahesive

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play