Tuesday is my "B"- day ... finally

Replies
Views
beatrice
Oct 23, 2011 9:33 pm
After having been bumped once, it looks like all is 'go' for my "Barbie Butt" surgery on Tuesday - finally having that troublesome rectum removed.

Fingers crossed that I don't get bumped again - I want it over with.

Many thanks to all who have given advice and such as I was making my decision to have this done.

Talk to you soon,

Beatrice
Bill
Oct 24, 2011 5:32 am
I hope everything goes well for you on Tuesday.

Best wishes    Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

mooza
Oct 24, 2011 8:07 am
even have my eyes crossed beatrice good luck darlz

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

santabelle
Oct 24, 2011 7:11 pm
wow, so your having surgery for you (rectum) butt!  That's awesome, do you mind sharing and the cost because I would like to have it done also!!

Santabelle!
Past Member
Oct 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Just to say good luck B, my prayers are with you for a speedy recovery..ambies....x

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
weewee
Oct 24, 2011 8:55 pm
many wishes that it goes well
teacher
Oct 24, 2011 8:55 pm
Good luck with your Barbie Butt surgery.  I had mine on October 3 after debating it for 3 years.  I am so glad I had it done, but still experiencing some pain.  I heard the recovery is long which is why it took me so long to decide to have it.  I go back to work next week.  One thing I can say is that it is definitely not as bad as my original ostomy surgery which seemed to take forever to recover from.  Again, good luck and let us know how you make out.
Primeboy
Oct 25, 2011 2:22 am
All's well that ends well. Good luck; and happy ending, so to speak!
dee05
Oct 25, 2011 3:20 pm
Im sending you all the best on your surgery.  I to have had my rectum removed and have a permanent colostomy and have never felt better than I do right now  it was 9 years coming finally I had mine done may of 2010.. all the best

Dee
Past Member
Oct 25, 2011 5:57 pm
Very best wishes to you Beatrice!! And may your recovery be swift!! Take care, Colm
Past Member
Oct 26, 2011 4:10 am
I hope all went well, Beatrice. I wish you a speedy recovery. Best wishes from a fellow Barbie;)
vulcanBMk2
Oct 26, 2011 10:59 am

Login to see image

My very best wishes & good luck--I do hope all goes well for you ---We pass these Milestones  one at a time , on our way through life--Lots of Love --Pete .

Login to see image

pussycat
Oct 26, 2011 1:16 pm
Hi Beatrice,

I hope all went well for you and congratulations on making the best decision

of your life. I haven't met anyone who still rides a bike afterwards, my mind boggles at the

thought, anyone got any stories to tell, that might help this little girl laugh ?

best whishes to all bottomless wonders out there, 'cos that's  what we are !!!!!

marilyn
Derek48
Oct 26, 2011 5:51 pm
I'm six weeks over my Colo rectal surgery and was knocked back twice so i know how anxious you can get, the waiting game is a real killer, the very best of luck to you i shall remember you in my prayers.

Derek, Dublin, Ireland