Stomach pain

Replies
Views
sweede0
Oct 08, 2013 4:43 pm
Iam getting to the of the rope as far as my life is concerned!  When I get up in the morning iam totally pain free but it isn't long bfor I get pains in my stomach.I try eating a little but it still persists I have been taking tums and now iam trying the pink pepto bismal tablets.Has anyone had this problem? Whe iam laying in bed before I get up all is fine.I make sure to never eat anything that will not agree with my ileostomy and cause problems.It is so haard  to b in pain so much of the time. I have had so many things to deal with it is hard. Iam going to my Dr. today and see if she has any ideas fo me.Been healthy all my life and strong that at my age now[79 almost 80] I guess i'm not much .

Login to see image

three
Oct 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Pain is such a peculiar dynamic sweedeO — I've thought much about its nature while I was going through my "bad times".

When you see your Doctor, ask her to check if you have a small hernia. If you do, it would make sense why you feel okay while lying down as the pull of gravity is not acting on it while your body is in that position.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

sweede0
Nov 13, 2013 3:51 am
Found out my pain is from adhesions .was in the hospital againwhen the pain got really bad and was given morphine for several days until the pain settled down. now home and controlling it pretty good with tramadol.the pain is always there but it stays at a tolerable level with the medication. I would like to hear from others about the type of diet they are on.after I had the ileostomy ...no fresh fruit..no raw veggies and no nuts of any kind...my Dr. says  I may need to go to a pain clinic if the pain gets that bad again