URO !

Replies
Views
vulcanBMk2
Jun 17, 2015 8:15 pm

I may have posted this before , I  along with a few others on these forums are Uro not Colo & therefore can feel a little left out  as  the Poo bag  team take up the lions share  of Forums over the Wee Wee Bag gang .

Yes we are all Ostomates  but our needs &  conversations  are not always  on the same level.

You drive a sedan ( saloon ) & I drive a pick up ...Both are vehicles  but but are designed for different jobs ...You dig ??

Immarsh
Jun 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Kudos to you Vulcan....  I love y our " euphamisms" BTW...   Sadly, I'm one of the poo poo bag people, but   I'm sure there are more uro people out there, who are not posting.   Keep  reminding them......and others will get the inspiration to answer.  I'll keep a lookout for you. 

But I also have an interesting story to tell you.  I went to school as an adult, but spent a few years substitute teaching before getting a real job.

One of the kindergarten kids ( I was told) had a ureostomy....but the family didn't know how to manage it, and the child ( 5) usually ended up in diapers by the end of the school day.   I was horrified.  And although I didn't really have a great relationship with this ( ver dour faced, serious principal) I went to her to talk about an "intervention".   I wasn't about to share my personal  past, but she got the gist, when I said I had experiences with "ostomy" management.  Which of course I did.  Remember, this was years before there were stoma therapists.  I made some calls, got in touch with the agency ( Visiting nurse services) explained the delemma, and I connected them with the principal, the school nurse, the family, and the all met at school to resolve the management issues.  The nurse was then able to help the little boy, if he had a leak. 

A few months later, I was at the school assembly, and waved to the little guy who was seated a few rows ahead of me.  I saw him "touch his belly", then get up and go to the teacher to ask to go to the bathroom.   He waved to me as he left the room.  He didn't know I was the one who made his life more manageable....but my heart was filled with joy.   It's one of the many stories of how "reaching out" when you know you can help...benefits others.   So let's poke at those other Uro people.....and see who shows up. 

Thanks for posting the historical updates.   So interesting. 

Marsha

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.