Using Marijuana for Crohn's or Colitis: Preferred Strains?

Replies
Views
Past Member
Sep 10, 2015 8:04 am

Anyone here with Crohn's or colitis that consumes or smokes marijuana? If so, what type of strains do you smoke or do you smoke hybrids?

LilyJ
Sep 13, 2015 2:09 am

No, but I'm trying to find some. It's not legal where I live, except for cancer patients or those with seizures. I'm trying because of degenerative spinal issues due to taking lots of steroids many years ago when first diagnosed. I have had Crohn's for 52 years, ileostomy 43 years. Pain meds either cause allergy or slug up my gut. Let me know if weed helps you. I haven't used it since in my 20s and am now 70!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,866 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

moonshine
Sep 13, 2015 2:19 am

I have scleroderma with GI involvement - I have an ileostomy bag - and yes, wake and bake helps me, but in a way that it helps wake me up and actually curbs my appetite....I would rather have the pain of my disease than the pain of slow gut...

moonshine
Sep 13, 2015 2:19 am

Btw - I have used it since I was 13..............I am now 52 and have not had any adverse side effects

Past Member
Sep 18, 2015 7:38 am

Unfortunately, I too live in a state where marijuana is illegal. I have my ways of getting the higher grade weed though... And yes, it does help me with my colitis. So far, wake and bake is what I pretty much do for my lifestyle for now.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
LilyJ
Sep 19, 2015 9:06 pm

What is wake and bake?

Past Member
Sep 21, 2015 11:23 am

Wake and bake is when you first wake up and smoke. First hit of the day. It replaces coffee. :-)

JudiA
Sep 22, 2015 4:26 am

Hi

I would think a good resource for info would be Medical Jane . com. For myself, I ingest rather than smoke, and like the Kush strain. If you are very sensitive to THC, you may want to try something like CannaTonic or even a high CBD ratio. Seems that there is another component in cannabis that sort of cancels out the "head" trip from the THC. That is CBD!

Judi

JudiA
Sep 22, 2015 4:31 am

Hi

I have had my "spout" since 1989, so another long-timer. I ingest cannabis. Fresh leaf smoothies are good and you don't get the buzz - it takes heat to activate the THC, hence smoking or baked goods. You might also want to look into turmeric for anti-inflammatory properties.

Judi

redtop
Nov 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Ok... I have a question about medical cannabis.... Is there a strain that will give the buzz, but not the munchies? I have colorectal cancer, had chemo, radiation, surgery for the colostomy, and now chemo again... I have never been able to take pain pills, and that's ok, I much prefer pot... Been smoking since 1977.... But back to my question.... If I take a trip to Colorado, could I get what I'm looking for? And what do I ask for?

JudiA
Nov 18, 2015 2:45 am

Try this site for info about strains - as for a direct answer - I don't know of any - it lowers your blood sugar and so gives you the munchies as a craving for sweets especially.

www.medicaljane.com