not the norm !!!

Replies
Views
schneckerm88
May 10, 2012 6:05 am
This is my first blog, I'm unsure what to write after browsing through other Ostomates blogs. As you all b aware from my profile I'm function with very strict mobility and got a SPC too. Travel is no longer on my list, but short trips to cinemas and lunch meals are or coffee mornings are still on the agender. I got 34 hours a week special care to get me ready for the day. Would love to meet up with ostomates in simelar conditions. I'm an Ostomate since 2010 january. Still having some problem, because I can't move about...always sitting in the electric Wheelchair and it makes it harder to find a good male friend, which I miss. Got plenty GF, but still look for true female friends in same or general Ostomatic condition. Like to laugh and have fun with either gender around the Melbourne region.
Past Member
May 12, 2012 2:54 am
your blog is great. it is open and honest. i am not confined like you are. I do have an ileostomy, got her in november of last year. laughing is very important in recovery or just to make the day better. i am a big fan of laughter. I hope to read more blogs from you. sending you lots of sunshine and rainbows and some giggles your way. hope you find some mates that you can hang with soon. mandy
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

schneckerm88
May 13, 2012 5:36 pm
Thank you Reefus! it's in the early morning 0338 clock and i can't sleep , maybe because of a special Mothersday . Bubbles my colostomy isn't active tonight , she is a very moody female and often make me end up with an obstruction in hospital. i hate when she behaves badly ...haha sure many of you have simelar stories to tell .would be nice to hear from anybody in Melbourne for binding a friendship or just kidding around .will check the comments plus check who is around my area on my page. well hope you are having a good sleep or be off for one soon for the ones across the miles . Cheerio for now and Gods blessing xxxooo
Past Member
May 13, 2012 10:15 pm
schneckerm88...helga the horrible is the name of my stoma..she is quite active all the time..she likes to talk to me at the most inconvenient times...lawyers office..doctors office..library..she isnt prejudice about where she starts a conversation. hahahaha...sorrry to hear about the obstruction..i have been very lucky and not had one..my output is always liquidy. as for a melbourne mate..have you looked up mooza? she is in melbourne and is a very wonderful person with an awesome personallity. she would be a good mate. good luck..and i hope you have a wonderful day
schneckerm88
May 14, 2012 11:38 pm
Reefus, nice to hear from you even though it aren't the best circumstances. You are having a bad time and I just want to cheer you up and telling you that it will get better again. I'm lucky never had bubbles playing up in Public, she is a night fling !!! Thanks for sharing and giving me a mooza contact... will try to look her up when times allow it. Today I'm off to a Adult day centre called the Surviviors I'm the only O there. We started many years ago as a group in their 40th with physical disabilities. Love to mingle and share everydays ups and downs with my friends. But now I found this MeetanOstomate I'm even more happier. Oh you said that your output is all liquid.. funny so is my, because it has to be, My ilieom is paralized and this meas plenty fluid as well laxatives. Hope it helps you knowing you not alone ! but you must train helga to behave and do her business at home: good luck and all the best wishes :D from down Melbourne xo

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
mooza
May 15, 2012 2:47 am
Right you 21 who been talking bout me ??? Mandy would have to say the nicest things ever ...thanks mandy moooo hahaha yes i live in Melbourne ??? um sneck matey you know im gunna have too shorten that name already its not to be horrible I not known for my typing skills on here or any where else Necker there ya go i feel better already yes i left you a quicky messgae i just got back from the beach and my dog was being an lil shit su hahahahahahah .. too bad im not a male darlz if you got enough GFs .and not enough male friends try and pop in around 12 - 2 pm and anytimes all round im being bad latey and been slack on getting on here sdharing my wisdom and really bad answers that i check after entering and thing WTH am i talking about ...You have what SPC hmm sorry i dont know what that is its surely not our canned food right ...I do Volunteer a day or 2 work well not for last 3 months after another SHIT operation my Adhesion Pain is back yes in my back and i have run out of things to come up to help i am though looking at acupuncture uni campuses in the city im having some laser acupuncture and the DR isnt very nice and i prefer the dry needle but as im limited in the ole money i will check a campus and they can practice all they want on me ..Great to meet a Melb. person i have another young guy im still in touch weith he is just over the bridge from me westgate you think we would have met up after 3 years but he is 24 HEHEHEHEH and has been reversed but is having a bad time with it ....... if you are a member of The Block arcade colostomy assoc i definatly would of spoken to you :) so actually if you want any tips or if i can help you with your supplys give me a yell x x x mooza . Strange how i decided to pop in today hope both you girls had an awesome mummys day hahah xxxxxxxxx cheers and enjoy your special day care.. helga and bubbles are not alone cherry had her moments too and yes liquid out put but as i always say Ilea gel will thinken that up and take the slish slosh out i know its not called Ileo gel in the states but i know you ban buy it there so girls im off too wander these pages with all my wisdom and B.S seeya ..mooze and cherry -chezza chez all my cut down words as usual :D oh how do u get that thumb on here im a bit jealous xx
schneckerm88
May 15, 2012 5:47 am
mooze i must have slept the last 2 years in school for your lingua is not known to me. A SPC is a SUPRA PUBIC CATHETER which has a small stoma where the catheter guides trough into the bladder and you wear a bag.. in my case i also being connected to a 4 litre bottle which sits under my Wheelchair and he called ARTHUR !, because i pee like a man with his little ( am i allowed to say Dick ? ) I'm proud to say all my functions are outside my body and my undercarriage is very cleanAll isa well until it falls into maintenance quiteria. Sorry about my english..picked it up year by year since in Aussie Land ! no school. Nevertheless i wish you and all my Ostomates a good day n night all over the world. Shauw for now :D xxxooo
Past Member
May 16, 2012 11:27 pm
i love reading all the blogs from you austrailians..you guys really crack me up .. your terms and lingo are cool. i am from arkansas and have only left the state 4 times in my life..just for 1 weeks visits and what not. i would love to be able to travel anywhere. my most wanted trip is to ireland to see the castles and stuff. that country has pulled at my soul since i was just 5 years old. some calming sweeps over me when i hear an irish person talk or celtic music. amazing feeling. mooza, i really hope that you arent upset that i passed your name on to other ostomates..you are such a positive, encouraging and supportive person and you are in their neck of the woods so to speak. i really hope you are ok with it. everybody needs a little bit of mooza in their day. i think very highly of you and everybody on this site..we are some amazingly strong and awesome people. we are rock stars...so where are our groupies? oh yeah, that would be our families and friends ahahahhahhah! wish you, schneckerm88 a most wonderful day/evening. mandy