Nearly one year on.

Replies
Views
safc
Oct 26, 2011 7:05 pm
It's been nearly a year since i had my colostomy,previously to that i had major stomach surgery about 5 years ago. When i had the colostomy done the surgeon could not put the stoma where he wanted to due to the density of the scar tissues and adhesions. It took him over 4 hours to get through to the spot where he put the stoma. It is right between the normal waist line and the waistline of the high waisted trousers that i wear.It has caused me to have a few leaks from the bag.I'am starting to loose confidence. My only comfortable trousers are a pair of overalls, has anybody got any ideas?

Danny.

Primeboy
Oct 26, 2011 8:57 pm
Dockers makes pants with slightly expandable waistlines. They also make stretch belts that hold up your pants without putting too much pressure near the stoma. The most comfortable arrangement, by far, is suspenders. I think they make me look old but my wife says just the opposite. Good luck!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

ms.gena
Oct 27, 2011 3:50 am
Have you thought about irrigating. That way you will not have to worry about leaks
lksutter
Oct 27, 2011 10:14 am
Mine was located at my waistline as well. I had to give up underwear and switch to garmets that lay higher in the waist line and not nearly as snug which for me was longjohns that I usually just cut off the legs.
safc
Oct 28, 2011 5:39 pm
Thanks for all your suggestions will try them. It's nice to think that your not alone. so many people out there wanting to help you.Once again thanks.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play